Thursday 1 October 2015

More Pears

More Pears.

There were still 10 pounds of pears on my kitchen counter. The cobblers were such a hit, I decided to make more. However, when I took out the ingredients from my pantry, I realized my white flour was all but gone. Inevitable, given all the baking.

I adapted. People with disabilities have a genius for adapting, in case you were not aware. We must roll with the punches in big and small ways every single day; adapting is a necessary part of survival. Ah, but back to the cobblers. Here are the variations.

Using the same method from yesterday, I just replaced the white flour with whole wheat. I also replaced the white sugar with brown, and I added a cup of ground hazelnuts, an extra bit of baking powder, and all the warming spices. The result is nutty, with more bite. It's just as sweet and aromatic, and, because of the added nutrients and fiber from both the whole wheat and the nuts, a little healthier. Of course, if there are nut allergies to consider, it won't matter if they are not included. To prove this point further, I made another cobbler with a gluten free and vegan baking mix called "Many Cakes." It is more cake-like, but light and tasty. My goal is to make this method adaptable and accessible. Just as the world should be.

 A cobbler for everyone. Beautiful!


nom nom,
hk








No comments:

Post a Comment