Friday 12 April 2013

Tyler's Fight Auction

It is a gloomy, grey-skied day on the Prairies.  Morale is low here; everyone is talking about their need for some sunshine to brighten their days and their moods.  I did not expect to write today as I have had a week's worth of medical appointments, sick kids, an over-worked husband, and vehicle breakdowns.   Like many of us, I need a break.

That said, when I checked my messages, I saw one from my friend Colleen who seems to have an intuitive sense about me and has an uncanny ability to make me smile when I have forgotten how.  But there were no inspirational quotes or stories or funny cartoons from her today.  Instead, she sent me an invitation to attend a silent auction, starting tonight, Friday, April 12, 2013 at 6 p.m. CST.  The auction is in support of Tyler Puetz, a five-year-old Regina boy who has terminal brain cancer.  According to the facebook page for the online auction, Tyler has gone through chemotherapy and radiation and is now just managing the pain.  As I understand it, profits from the auction will go to his family in their struggle to pay bills while caring him. 

And if I have learned anything in my time in this life, it is if you want to feel cheered up, cheer someone else up first.  If you want more good in your life, do something good first.  So here is how it all works.

There is approximately $10,000 worth of gift certificates, sports memorabilia, jewelry, bath and body products, clothing, phone, paintings, tools, and gym memberships up for sale. To view the items you have to “Like” the “Tyler’s Fight Auction” FB page and you will receive all the updates.   Each item will be posted as a separate picture and you just bid by making a comment under the corresponding picture.

https://www.facebook.com/TylersFightAuction


Go shopping.  Help a little kid and his family.  

And for a story about Tyler that will make you smile through your tears on this otherwise gloomy, grey-skied Saskatchewan day, go to this link:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/regina/Locks+cream+pies+support+Regina+student/7867690/story.html

Oh, my.  There is so much beauty in this world.  We do not need a sunny blue-skied day to see it.

wishing you beauty where you least expect it,
hk

No comments:

Post a Comment