Tuesday 1 October 2013


12 Songs to help you have a more beautiful day

1.     “Sir Duke” by Stevie Wonder.  Scowl while listening to this song, I dare you to try.
2.     “Hello Bonjour” by Michael Franti and Spearhead will have you tapping your fingers or toes and bouncing. 
3.     “Blackbird” by Lennon and McCartney.  Although a Beatles fan, I am partial to Sarah McLachlan’s cover.  I am also partial to the particular way my son plays it on the guitar. Pretty and happy.
4.     “Life is Sweet” by Natalie Merchant.  “Don’t cry…I tell you life is sweet in spite of the misery there’s so much more.  Be grateful.” 
5.     “Set it Free” by Sarah Slean – she will have you skipping along and re-examining your perspective on life!
6.     “A Beautiful Thing” by The Tragically Hip.  Why?  Re-read the title, of course.
7.     “Oreo Cookie Blues” by Lonnie Mack and Stevie Ray but as covered by Suzie Vinnick.  You will never look at Oreos in the same way again. My goodness, what an incredible talent Ms. Vinnick is.
8.      “Viva la Vida” by Coldplay will have you dancing where you are.
9.     “Tom Sawyer” by Rush always makes me smile, and sing out loud if you must know.
10. “Beautiful Day” by U2. Well, of course.
11. “Roll the Windows Down" by Wyatt, who know how to make a happy toe-tapping, sing-along song!
12. "Sing Sing" or "What I Wouldn't Do" or anything else by Serena Ryder whose music always makes my day feel more beautiful.

These came to my head in no particular order, and there are plenty of other songs which I could've included but didn't, lest this blog became un-readable.  And before you all start sending me messages about how I am wrong or have failed to include certain songs, why don't you just add to the list instead?  There are many perspectives on what constitues a beautiful day.  That's how beauty works, right?

wishing you a beautifully musical day,
hk

2 comments: