Monday 21 October 2013

Be Kind!

In the last 2 weeks I have displaced a rib, fallen out of my wheelchair while on a charity fundraising walk (and on a bridge at night no less), nursed a urinary tract infection, and dealt with the world's worst cold (well, maybe not the world's worst, but it was awful).  Having been away for a few days, I checked out what is happening on social media, and if I had enough voice to squeal, I would have.  Instead, I just pumped my arms in the air when I saw this:

November 1st is Random Acts of Kindness Day in my city.  Although this is happening in Saskatoon, it is actually part of a national movement where 10 cities in Canada will participate.   The Saskatoon Community Foundation is proud to be promoting this 'pay it forward' movement and you can learn more at: http://www.saskatooncommunityfoundation.ca.

Imagine the fun you could have!
- buy someone a coffee
- tip someone who rarely, if ever, gets tipped (a gas attendant, for example)
- bring treats for your co-workers
- take cookies to a neighbour
- pick up some litter and put it in the garbage
- take a bundle of flowers to a nursing home

The point is not to over-think this, but rather keep kindness in your consciousness that day and act.  You don't need to spend a lot, if any, money.  You don't need to make a grand gesture.  Just be kind.  How beautiful is that? 

And if you don't have a designated day in your home city, who cares?  Why wouldn't you do something kind and see what happens?  You may never see the outcome of your kindness but you will notice how it makes you feel to do it.  Leave a comment or send me a message - I love to hear about your beauty.  

wishing you a kind and beautiful day,
hk




No comments:

Post a Comment